Well, my boyfriend just turned 30! So we had a small birthday party (2 people were invited: him and me lol). So here are the things we had for celebration:
– Cookies and Cream ice-cream. As I mentioned in the previous post I now can make ice-cream myself, so I decided to make Oreo ice-cream for him, with a lots of Oreo. He liked it very much, but I forgot to take pictures.
– Vanilla cake. With his favorite American vanilla icing. It looks simple and nice. I also made 5 cupcakes in case the big cake had a problem. But it worked, so the only problem is that my bf has the whole big cake and he can´t stop eating it.
– Snickerdoodles: This is the second time I’ve made snickerdoodles, the first time was last Christmas. They’re simple cookies covered by cinnamon and sugar powder.
– A massage with lavender oil
– Sushi for dinner
So if anyone asks me how to make their bf happy, for me the answer is easy. Just make him lots of cookies. and cake.
Pancakes are very suitable for a party, because it´s easy to make, and you can add different sauces on it so everyone can have their favorite ones.
To make pancakes you will need:
- 190g flour
- 5g baking powder
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 300ml milk
- 1 egg
- 50g butter
- 1tsp vanilla extract
How to make pancake:
- Mix the flour and baking powder
- Heat up the milk until warm , add butter, sugar, salt, vanilla extract. Stir and remove from the heat.
- Add the flour. Add egg and stir until well combine.
- Heat the pan in medium flame.
- Pour about 3 tablespoons.
- Cook for about 2 mins or until you can see bubble, gentle flip the cake.
- Cook for another 2 mins.
- Continue until all the pancakes are cooked.
Enjoy with different sauce:
Basic pancake: maple sirup with a slice of butter
Caramelized apple: cut apple into cubes. In a saucepan heat 3 tbsp of sugar until gold. Add 1 tbsp of butter, add the apple cubed and cooked until the apple turns golden.
Or you can add berries, chocolate sauce, whipped cream, honey, mango etc.
I just finished watching the Master Chef US season 3 (which Christine Ha won the competition!) It was a great TV show, and I don’t understand why an cooking TV show could be touchable like that :”) Christine Ha, on her final fight, has made Coconut lime ice-cream. It brings me the idea to make ice-cream.
But the problem is I don’t have ice-cream maker. So I went on internet searching on “how to make ice-cream without ice-cream maker”. There are some ingredients sound really complicated, because you must take care of the ice-cream for the hole day to have ice-cream, but luckily I found a great ingredient, very suitable for lazy people. It’s just too easy to be true, but it tastes great, very creamy, very ice-cream ^^
For make 2 boxes of Coconut Lime Ice-cream, you will need:
- 200g condensed milk
- 300g whipping cream
- 30g butter
- 3 tablespoons condensed coconut milk
- zest of a lime, coconut
- juice of a lime
How to make it:
1. Whip the whipping cream to stiff peaks
2. Add melted butter, coconut, zest of a lime, lime juice, condense coconut milk and mix in to the condensed milk (you can always choose what flavor do you want, so instead of lime and coconut, you can add in vanilla extract, chocolate, cocoa powder, rum and raisin etc.. )
3. Fold the mixture into the whipped cream
4. Put in the box, freeze it at least 6 hours and enjoy!
It is smooth, creamy and yummy. I think I don’t need to buy ice-cream any more 😛
So today is a good day to start my new blog. Because it’s the birthday of my close friend Ngoc, so I woke up very early this morning to make the topping for the birthday cupcakes, it’s brownies cupcakes with vanilla cream on top, and it’s pink! And in two hours I’m having a job interview after sending 20 CVs to different places. It will be researcher (well, I studied sociology at school, so I bet that’s why they called me).
This blog is, firstly, to put the food photos on, because I love cooking and taking photo of the food I cook ( and luckily I have a boyfriend that loves my food, he will also be my blog editor because his English is definitely better than mine lol). This blog is also a good way for me to practice english and to share my daily life.
I choose the Japanese cotton cheese cake for my first entry, because it makes me think about my boyfriend’s family, they are now living in Japan, and you can see in the picture the Japanese dish they gave me, which is perfectly match my cake ;)d
I usually make the American non baked cheese cake, because it’s simple and delicious. This Japanese cake is quite more complicated, and it likes an angel cake with cheese flavor. It’s light, so you can eat a lot!
And here is the ingredient to make a big load of Japanese cotton cheese cake:
- 250ml milk
- 250g cream cheese (room temperature)
- 60g butter (room temperature)
- 6 large eggs (separate the egg white and egg yolk)
- 80g flour
- 1 lime zest
- 1/4 tsp cream of tarta
- 120g sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
How to make it?
- 1. Preheat the oven to 160*C
- 2. Place a bowl over simmering water. Pour in milk and cream cheese. Stir until smooth (about 3 mins). Stir in butter. Remove from heat.
- 3. Let cool down a little bit, then add the egg yolks and stir until it combines well. Add vanilla extract.
- 4. Sift the flour on the mixture, combine well, stir in lemon zest. Set aside.
- 5. In a large bowl, beat the egg white with an electric mixer (about 3 mins). Add cream of tarta. Add sugar and continue to beat until stiff peaks form.
- 6. Fold in the egg white into the cream cheese mixture (be gentle, you don’t want to kill all the bubble in the egg white).
- 7. Pour the mixture in a large pan. Put the pan in a tray, add hot water on the tray and put it on the oven. Bake for 70 mins.