So today is a good day to start my new blog. Because it’s the birthday of my close friend Ngoc, so I woke up very early this morning to make the topping for the birthday cupcakes, it’s brownies cupcakes with vanilla cream on top, and it’s pink! And in two hours I’m having a job interview after sending 20 CVs to different places. It will be researcher (well, I studied sociology at school, so I bet that’s why they called me).
This blog is, firstly, to put the food photos on, because I love cooking and taking photo of the food I cook ( and luckily I have a boyfriend that loves my food, he will also be my blog editor because his English is definitely better than mine lol). This blog is also a good way for me to practice english and to share my daily life.
I choose the Japanese cotton cheese cake for my first entry, because it makes me think about my boyfriend’s family, they are now living in Japan, and you can see in the picture the Japanese dish they gave me, which is perfectly match my cake ;)d
I usually make the American non baked cheese cake, because it’s simple and delicious. This Japanese cake is quite more complicated, and it likes an angel cake with cheese flavor. It’s light, so you can eat a lot!
And here is the ingredient to make a big load of Japanese cotton cheese cake:
- 250ml milk
- 250g cream cheese (room temperature)
- 60g butter (room temperature)
- 6 large eggs (separate the egg white and egg yolk)
- 80g flour
- 1 lime zest
- 1/4 tsp cream of tarta
- 120g sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
How to make it?
- 1. Preheat the oven to 160*C
- 2. Place a bowl over simmering water. Pour in milk and cream cheese. Stir until smooth (about 3 mins). Stir in butter. Remove from heat.
- 3. Let cool down a little bit, then add the egg yolks and stir until it combines well. Add vanilla extract.
- 4. Sift the flour on the mixture, combine well, stir in lemon zest. Set aside.
- 5. In a large bowl, beat the egg white with an electric mixer (about 3 mins). Add cream of tarta. Add sugar and continue to beat until stiff peaks form.
- 6. Fold in the egg white into the cream cheese mixture (be gentle, you don’t want to kill all the bubble in the egg white).
- 7. Pour the mixture in a large pan. Put the pan in a tray, add hot water on the tray and put it on the oven. Bake for 70 mins.