Tortilla is the bread that we use in Mexican food, such as taco, fajita and burrito. It’s easy to find tortilla in the western shops in Hanoi, but it’s even easier to make it at home, and it is much cheaper. So I will show you all the steps to make flour tortillas.
To make 10 tortillas you will need:
- 4 cups of flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1tsp salt
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
1. Mix the flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
2. Add in vegetable oil, mix well.
3. Add in water, mix well into a dough and let it set for 10 mins.
4. Cut the dough in to 10 pieces (each one in the shape of an egg)
5. Flour the surface and roll each piece with a rolling pin (or with a Vodka bottle like me :P)
6. To make it pretty: put a dish on the roll and run a knife around:
7. Put it in a pan and turn when you see some bubbles.
Then it’s ready for you to make tacos, fajitas or burritos. In the picture below is the fajita I made last weekend. I will write a note about it later 😀