Bubble milk tea is very popular with young people in Vietnam, but it´s Taiwan original. It is a combination of tea, milk and pearl or jelly. So you can eat the jelly when you drink the tea milk. It´s quite cheap here in Vietnam and you can find many places call ¨Pearl Milk Tea¨ all around the city. But people say it´s not good for health, cause you never know what kind of milk they use.
I like to drink milk tea very much, and I drink it every day. My favorite tea is Chai tea. But to make Milk tea I use vanilla black tea (which has real vanilla bean in it, great flavor!)
So here is the ingredient to make bubble milk tea:
- 100ml milk
- 200ml water
- 2 tablespoons black tea (with vanilla)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 20 pearls (this is white jelly with coconut inside)
- a block of black jelly, cut into small cubes
How to make it:
- Bring water in a boil, add the tea. Add sugar and stir. Set aside for 5.10 mins.
- Add milk and bring it to a boil, and immediately remove from the heat.
- In another saucepan, bring the pearl to a boil and continue to boil for about 5 mins. Remove from the heat and put the pearls into cold water.
- Put jelly and pearls into a cup.
- Add the milk tea.
- Add ice or you can put in the fridge. This bubble tea better drink within the day.
You can use green tea, or macha powder to make bubble green tea, it is great too!